Footfoot (fŏŏt),USA pronunciation n., pl. feet for 1–4, 8–11, 16, 19, 21;
foots for 20;
- (in vertebrates) the terminal part of the leg, below the ankle joint, on which the body stands and moves.
- (in invertebrates) any part similar in position or function.
- such a part considered as the organ of locomotion.
- a unit of length, originally derived from the length of the human foot. It is divided into 12 inches and equal to 30.48 centimeters. Abbr.: ft., f.
- foot soldiers;
- walking or running motion;
pace: swift of foot.
- quality or character of movement or motion;
- any part or thing resembling a foot, as in function, placement, shape, etc.
- a shaped or ornamented feature terminating a leg at its lower part.
- any of several short legs supporting a central shaft, as of a pedestal table.
- a rim, flange, or flaring part, often distinctively treated, serving as a base for a table furnishing or utensil, as a glass, teapot, or candlestick.
- the part of a stocking, sock, etc., covering the foot.
- the lowest part, or bottom, of anything, as of a hill, ladder, page, etc.
- a supporting part;
- the part of anything opposite the top or head: He waited patiently at the foot of the checkout line.
- the end of a bed, grave, etc., toward which the feet are placed: Put the blanket at the foot of the bed, please.
- the part of the type body that forms the sides of the groove, at the base. See diag. under type.
- the last, as of a series.
- that which is written at the bottom, as the total of an account.
- [Pros.]a group of syllables constituting a metrical unit of a verse.
- Usually, foots.
- sediment or dregs.
- the lower edge of a sail.
- get off on the right or wrong foot, to begin favorably or unfavorably: He got off on the wrong foot with a tactless remark about his audience.
- get or have a or one's foot in the door, to succeed in achieving an initial stage or step.
- have one foot in the grave. See grave 1 (def. 5).
- on foot, by walking or running, rather than by riding.
- put one's best foot forward:
- to attempt to make as good an impression as possible.
- to proceed with all possible haste;
- put one's foot down, to take a firm stand;
be decisive or determined.
- put one's foot in it or into it, [Informal.]to make an embarrassing blunder. Also, put one's foot in or into one's mouth.
- set foot on or in, to go on or into;
enter: Don't set foot in this office again!
- under foot, in the way: That cat is always under foot when I'm getting dinner.
- to walk;
go on foot (often fol. by it): We'll have to foot it.
- to move the feet rhythmically, as to music or in dance (often fol. by it).
- (of vessels) to move forward;
sail: to foot briskly across the open water.
- to walk or dance on: footing the cobblestones of the old city.
- to perform (a dance): cavaliers footing a galliard.
- to traverse on or as if on foot.
- to make or attach a foot to: to foot a stocking.
- to pay or settle: I always end up footing the bill.
- to add (a column of figures) and set the sum at the foot (often fol. by up).
- to seize with talons, as a hawk.
- to establish.
- [Archaic.]to kick, esp. to kick away.
- [Obs.]to set foot on.
Restrest1 (rest),USA pronunciation n.
- the refreshing quiet or repose of sleep: a good night's rest.
- refreshing ease or inactivity after exertion or labor: to allow an hour for rest.
- relief or freedom, esp. from anything that wearies, troubles, or disturbs.
- a period or interval of inactivity, repose, solitude, or tranquillity: to go away for a rest.
- mental or spiritual calm;
- the repose of death: eternal rest.
- cessation or absence of motion: to bring a machine to rest.
- an interval of silence between tones.
- a mark or sign indicating it.
- [Pros.]a short pause within a line;
- a place that provides shelter or lodging for travelers, as an inn.
- any stopping or resting place: a roadside rest for weary hikers.
- a piece or thing for something to rest on: a hand rest.
- a supporting device;
- [Billiards, Pool.]bridge1 (def. 14).
- at rest:
- in a state of repose, as in sleep.
not in motion: the inertia of an object at rest.
- free from worry;
tranquil: Nothing could put his mind at rest.
- lay to rest:
- to inter (a dead body);
bury: He was laid to rest last Thursday.
- to allay, suppress, or appease.
- to refresh oneself, as by sleeping, lying down, or relaxing.
- to relieve weariness by cessation of exertion or labor.
- to be at ease;
have tranquillity or peace.
- to repose in death.
- to be quiet or still.
- to cease from motion, come to rest;
- to become or remain inactive.
- to stay as is or remain without further action or notice: to let a matter rest.
- to lie, sit, lean, or be set: His arm rested on the table.
- to lie fallow or unworked: to let land rest.
- to be imposed as a burden or responsibility (usually fol. by on or upon).
- to rely (usually fol. by on or upon).
- to be based or founded (usually fol. by on or upon).
- to be found;
reside (often fol. by with): The blame rests with them.
- to be present;
linger (usually fol. by on or upon): A sunbeam rests upon the altar.
- to be fixed or directed on something, as the eyes, a gaze, etc.
- to terminate voluntarily the introduction of evidence in a case.
- to give rest to;
refresh with rest: to rest oneself.
- to lay or place for rest, ease, or support: to rest one's back against a tree.
- to direct (as the eyes): to rest one's eyes on someone.
- to base, or let depend, as on some ground of reliance.
- to bring to rest;
- to terminate voluntarily the introduction of evidence on: to rest one's case.
Underun•der (un′dər),USA pronunciation prep.
- beneath and covered by: under a table; under a tree.
- below the surface of: under water; under the skin.
- at a point or position lower or further down than: He was hit just under his eye.
- in the position or state of bearing, supporting, sustaining, enduring, etc.: to sink under a heavy load.
- beneath the heading or within the category of: Classify the books under "Fiction'' and "General.''
- as designated, indicated, or represented by: to register under a new name.
- below in degree, amount, etc.;
less than: purchased under cost.
- below in rank;
of less dignity, importance, or the like: A corporal is under a sergeant.
- subject to the authority, direction, or supervision of: a bureau functioning under the prime minister.
- subject to the instruction or advice of: to study the violin under Heifetz.
- subject to the influence, condition, force, etc., of: under these circumstances; born under the sign of Taurus.
- protected, controlled, or watched by: under guard.
- authorized, warranted, or attested by: under one's hand or seal.
- in accordance with: under the provisions of the law.
- during the rule, administration, or government of: new laws passed under President Reagan.
- in the state or process of: under repair; a matter under consideration.
- powered by the means indicated: under sail; under steam.
- under wraps. See wrap (def. 16).
- below or beneath something: Go over the fence, not under.
- beneath the surface.
- in a lower place.
- in a lower degree, amount, etc.: selling blouses for $25 and under.
- in a subordinate position or condition.
- in or into subjection or submission.
- go under:
- to give in;
yield: She tried desperately to fight off her drowsiness, but felt herself going under.
- to fail in business: After 20 years on the same corner they finally went under.
- beneath or on the underside: the under threads of the embroidery.
- lower in position.
- lower in degree, amount, etc.
- lower in rank or condition.
- subject to the control, effect, etc., as of a person, drug, or force: The hypnotist had her subject under at once. The patient was under as soon as he breathed the anesthetic.
Deskdesk (desk),USA pronunciation n.
- an article of furniture having a broad, usually level, writing surface, as well as drawers or compartments for papers, writing materials, etc.
- a frame for supporting a book from which the service is read in a church.
- a pulpit.
- the section of a large organization, as a governmental bureau or newspaper, having authority over and responsibility for particular operations within the organization: city desk; foreign desk.
- a table or counter, as in a library or office, at which a specific job is performed or a service offered: an information desk; reception desk.
- a stand used to support sheet music;
- (in an orchestra) a seat or position assigned by rank (usually used in combination): a first-desk flutist.
- of or pertaining to a writing desk: a desk drawer.
- of a size or form suitable for use on a desk: desk dictionary.
- done at or based on a desk, as in an office or schoolroom: He used to be a traveling salesman, but now he has a desk job.
Hello folks, this blog post is about Foot Rest Under Desk #2 Desk-foot-rest-ideas. This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 973 x 908. It's file size is just 125 KB. If You want to save This image to Your computer, you could Click here. You could too download more attachments by clicking the image below or read more at this post: Foot Rest Under Desk.
The bathroom is usually smaller, when compared with other rooms inside your home. In addition they generally have numerous facets, therefore Foot Rest Under Desk #2 Desk-foot-rest-ideas can be quite complex. The distinction between a terrible job that really needs to be repainted as well as a superb job depends largely about the color of the color selected for your task. The shades used affect how the bedroom is experienced.
Applying shades that are dark makes the area appear smaller and deeper. Shiny colors brighten the room up, and make it seem bigger. Moisture in the bathroom's amount is significantly more than in suites that are different. This is actually the major reason why coloring is eliminated in correctly decorated bathrooms. It must enter deeply enough to fill the painted surface. This is determined by artwork practices and also the quality of colour used.
There are many color accessible that have mildew ides, while Foot Rest Under Desk #2 Desk-foot-rest-ideas that are susceptible to form and form. However, frequently, color generated designed for the lavatory is sufficient. Ensure the location on wall or the roof that is frequently included in the equipment must be tightly-closed so as to not peel.