Blackblack (blak),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v., adv.
- lacking hue and brightness;
absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- characterized by absence of light;
enveloped in darkness: a black night.
- (sometimes cap.)
- pertaining or belonging to any of the various populations characterized by dark skin pigmentation, specifically the dark-skinned peoples of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- soiled or stained with dirt: That shirt was black within an hour.
dismal: a black outlook.
inexcusable: a black lie.
- boding ill;
sullen or hostile;
threatening: black words; black looks.
- (of coffee or tea) without milk or cream.
- without any moral quality or goodness;
wicked: His black heart has concocted yet another black deed.
- indicating censure, disgrace, or liability to punishment: a black mark on one's record.
- marked by disaster or misfortune: black areas of drought; Black Friday.
- wearing black or dark clothing or armor: the black prince.
- based on the grotesque, morbid, or unpleasant aspects of life: black comedy; black humor.
- (of a check mark, flag, etc.) done or written in black to indicate, as on a list, that which is undesirable, sub-standard, potentially dangerous, etc.: Pilots put a black flag next to the ten most dangerous airports.
- illegal or underground: The black economy pays no taxes.
- showing a profit;
not showing any losses: the first black quarter in two years.
- deliberately false or intentionally misleading: black propaganda.
- boycotted, as certain goods or products by a trade union.
- (of steel) in the form in which it comes from the rolling mill or forge;
- black or white, completely either one way or another, without any intermediate state.
- the color at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to white, absorbing all light incident upon it. Cf. white (def. 20).
- (sometimes cap.)
- a member of any of various dark-skinned peoples, esp. those of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- black clothing, esp. as a sign of mourning: He wore black at the funeral.
- the dark-colored men or pieces or squares.
- black pigment: lamp black.
- [Slang.]See black beauty.
- a horse or other animal that is entirely black.
- black and white:
- print or writing: I want that agreement in black and white.
- a monochromatic picture done with black and white only.
- a chocolate soda containing vanilla ice cream.
- in the black, operating at a profit or being out of debt (opposed to in the red): New production methods put the company in the black.
- to make black;
put black on;
- to boycott or ban.
- to polish (shoes, boots, etc.) with blacking.
- to become black;
take on a black color;
- black out:
- to lose consciousness: He blacked out at the sight of blood.
- to erase, obliterate, or suppress: News reports were blacked out.
- to forget everything relating to a particular event, person, etc.: When it came to his war experiences he blacked out completely.
- [Theat.]to extinguish all of the stage lights.
- to make or become inoperable: to black out the radio broadcasts from the U.S.
- [Mil.]to obscure by concealing all light in defense against air raids.
- [Radio and Television.]to impose a broadcast blackout on (an area).
- to withdraw or cancel (a special fare, sale, discount, etc.) for a designated period: The special air fare discount will be blacked out by the airlines over the holiday weekend.
- (of coffee or tea) served without milk or cream.
Soundsound1 (sound),USA pronunciation n.
- the sensation produced by stimulation of the organs of hearing by vibrations transmitted through the air or other medium.
- mechanical vibrations transmitted through an elastic medium, traveling in air at a speed of approximately 1087 ft. (331 m) per second at sea level.
- the particular auditory effect produced by a given cause: the sound of music.
- any auditory effect;
any audible vibrational disturbance: all kinds of sounds.
- a noise, vocal utterance, musical tone, or the like: the sounds from the next room.
- a distinctive, characteristic, or recognizable musical style, as from a particular performer, orchestra, or type of arrangement: the big-band sound.
- See speech sound.
- the audible result of an utterance or portion of an utterance: the s-sound in "slight''; the sound ofm in "mere.''
- the auditory effect of sound waves as transmitted or recorded by a particular system of sound reproduction: the sound of a stereophonic recording.
- the quality of an event, letter, etc., as it affects a person: This report has a bad sound.
- the distance within which the noise of something may be heard.
- mere noise, without meaning: all sound and fury.
- [Archaic.]a report or rumor;
- to make or emit a sound.
- to give forth a sound as a call or summons: The bugle sounded as the troops advanced.
- to be heard, as a sound.
- to convey a certain impression when heard or read: to sound strange.
- to give a specific sound: to sound loud.
- to give the appearance of being;
seem: The report sounds true.
- to have as its basis or foundation (usually fol. by in): His action sounds in contract.
- to cause to make or emit a sound: to sound a bell.
- to give forth (a sound): The oboe sounded an A.
- to announce, order, or direct by or as by a sound: The bugle sounded retreat. His speech sounded a warning to aggressor nations.
- to utter audibly, pronounce, or express: to sound each letter.
- to examine by percussion or auscultation: to sound a patient's chest.
- sound off, [Informal.]
- to call out one's name, as at military roll call.
- to speak freely or frankly, esp. to complain in such a manner.
- to exaggerate;
boast: Has he been sounding off about his golf game again?
Systemsys•tem (sis′təm),USA pronunciation n.
- an assemblage or combination of things or parts forming a complex or unitary whole: a mountain system; a railroad system.
- any assemblage or set of correlated members: a system of currency; a system of shorthand characters.
- an ordered and comprehensive assemblage of facts, principles, doctrines, or the like in a particular field of knowledge or thought: a system of philosophy.
- a coordinated body of methods or a scheme or plan of procedure;
organizational scheme: a system of government.
- any formulated, regular, or special method or plan of procedure: a system of marking, numbering, or measuring; a winning system at bridge.
- due method or orderly manner of arrangement or procedure: There is no system in his work.
- the world or universe.
- a number of heavenly bodies associated and acting together according to certain natural laws: the solar system.
- a hypothesis or theory of the disposition and arrangements of the heavenly bodies by which their phenomena, motions, changes, etc., are explained: the Ptolemaic system; the Copernican system.
- an assemblage of organs or related tissues concerned with the same function: the nervous system; the digestive system.
- the entire human or animal body considered as a functioning unit: an ingredient toxic to the system.
- one's psychological makeup, esp. with reference to desires or preoccupations: to get something out of one's system.
- a method or scheme of classification: the Linnean system of plants.
- (sometimes cap.) the prevailing structure or organization of society, business, or politics or of society in general;
establishment (usually prec. by the): to work within the system instead of trying to change it.
- a major division of rocks comprising sedimentary deposits and igneous masses formed during a single geologic period.
- [Physical Chem.]a combination of two or more phases, as a binary system, each of which consists of one or more substances, that is attaining or is in equilibrium.
- a working combination of hardware, software, and data communications devices.
- either of the two groups of 16 playing squares on four alternate columns.
Withwith (with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
Remotere•mote (ri mōt′),USA pronunciation adj., -mot•er, -mot•est, n.
- far apart;
far distant in space;
situated at some distance away: the remote jungles of Brazil.
secluded: a remote village; a remote mountaintop.
- distant in time: remote antiquity.
- distant in relationship or connection: a remote ancestor.
- operating or controlled from a distance, as by remote control: a remote telephone answering machine.
- far off;
removed: principles remote from actions.
- not direct, primary, or proximate;
not directly involved or influential: the remote causes of the war.
- slight or faint;
unlikely: not the remotest idea; a remote chance.
- reserved and distant in manner;
not warmly cordial.
- a broadcast, usually live, from a location outside a studio.
- See remote control (def. 2).
Hello , this picture is about Evodesk Black Sound System With Programmable Remote (charming Desk Remote #4). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 696 x 487. It's file size is just 29 KB. Wether You desired to save It to Your laptop, you should Click here. You may also download more attachments by clicking the following image or see more at this article: Desk Remote.
Invest their free time after seized by active days, drinking dairy coffee with buddies or household interact at home is actually a situation plus a good environment. Occasions temperature recover your power using a large amount of thoughts of camaraderie and recover electricity to struggle the stress of the work.
Modern coffee-table affects the decoration is elegant and magnificent in appearance of the house. If you like to place a modern coffee-table in the living room, it's much better to learn different types and types of contemporary coffeetable online.
A Evodesk Black Sound System With Programmable Remote (charming Desk Remote #4) could reflect of designing the household space the personal flavor. In case you are someone who has a modern home style, you might favor different modern coffee table to your home. Contemporary coffee table demonstrating personal style.