Roundround1 (round),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., adv., prep., v.
- having a flat, circular surface, as a disk.
- ring-shaped, as a hoop.
- curved like part of a circle, as an outline.
- having a circular cross section, as a cylinder;
- spherical or globular, as a ball.
- shaped more or less like a part of a sphere;
- free from angularity;
consisting of full, curved lines or shapes, as handwriting or parts of the body.
- executed with or involving circular motion.
- full, complete, or entire: a round dozen.
- noting, formed, or expressed by an integer or whole number with no fraction.
- expressed, given, or exact to the nearest multiple or power of ten;
in tens, hundreds, thousands, or the like: in round numbers.
- roughly correct;
approximate: a round guess.
- considerable in amount;
ample: a round sum of money.
- brought to completeness or perfection.
- full and sonorous, as sound.
- vigorous or brisk: a round trot.
- straightforward, plain, or candid;
outspoken: a round scolding.
- positive or unqualified: a round assertion.
- any round shape, as a circle, ring or sphere.
- a circular, ring-shaped, curved, or spherical object;
a rounded form.
- something circular in cross section, as a rung of a ladder or chair.
- Sometimes, rounds. a completed course of time, series of events or operations, etc., ending at a point corresponding to that at the beginning: We waited through the round of many years.
- any complete course, series, or succession: The strike was settled after a long round of talks; a round of parties.
- Often, rounds. a going around from place to place, as in a habitual or definite circuit: a doctor's rounds.
- a completed course or spell of activity, commonly one of a series, in some play or sport: the second round of a tournament.
- a recurring period of time, succession of events, duties, etc.: the daily round.
- an entire range: the round of human capabilities.
- a single outburst, as of applause or cheers.
- a single discharge of shot by each of a number of guns, rifles, etc.
- a single discharge by one firearm.
- a charge of ammunition for a single shot.
- a single serving, esp. of drink, made more or less simultaneously to everyone present, as at table or at a bar: The next round is on me.
- See round dance.
- movement in a circle or around an axis.
- Also, round of beef. the portion of the thigh of beef below the rump and above the leg. See diag. under beef.
- See round steak.
- a slice, as of bread.
- [Archery.]a specified number of arrows shot from a specified distance from the target in accordance with the rules.
- one of a series of three-minute periods making up a boxing match: a 15-round bout.
- a short, rhythmical canon at the unison, in which the several voices enter at equally spaced intervals of time.
- rounds, the order followed in ringing a peal of bells in diatonic sequence from the highest to the lowest.
- [Golf.]a playing of the complete course.
- [Cards.]a division of play in a game, consisting of a turn each for every player to bid, bet, play a card, deal the cards, or be dealt cards.
- in the round:
- (of a theater) having a stage completely surrounded by seats for the audience.
- in the style of theater-in-the-round: The play should be done in the round.
- in complete detail;
from all aspects: a character as seen in the round.
- (of sculpture) not attached to a supporting background;
- make the rounds:
- to go from one place to another, as in making deliveries, paying social visits, or seeking employment.
- Also, go the rounds. to be reported or told;
circulate: another rumor making the rounds.
- throughout or from the beginning to the end of a recurring period of time: all year round.
- Also, 'round. around: The music goes round and round.
- throughout (a period of time): a resort visited all round the year.
- around: It happened round noon.
- to make round.
- to free from angularity;
fill out symmetrically;
- to bring to completeness or perfection;
- to form (a gem) roughly (sometimes fol. by up);
- to end (a sentence, paragraph, etc.) with something specified: He rounded his speech with a particularly apt quotation.
- to encircle or surround.
- to make a complete circuit of;
pass completely around.
- to make a turn or partial circuit around or to the other side of: to round a corner.
- to cause to move in a circle;
- to make the opening at (the lips) relatively round or pursed during an utterance.
- to pronounce (a speech sound, esp. a vowel) with rounded lips;
- to contract (the lips) laterally. Cf. spread (def. 14), unround.
- to replace by the nearest multiple of 10, with 5 being increased to the next highest multiple: 15,837 can be rounded to 15,840;
then to 15,800;
then to 16,000.
- to become round.
- to become free from angularity;
- to develop to completeness or perfection.
- to take a circular course;
make a circuit, as a guard.
- to make a turn or partial circuit around something.
- to turn around as on an axis: to round on one's heels.
- to reduce successively the number of digits to the right of the decimal point of a mixed number by dropping the final digit and adding 1 to the next preceding digit if the dropped digit was 5 or greater, or leaving the preceding digit unchanged if the dropped digit was 4 or less.
- round off:
- to complete or perfect;
- to express as a round number, usually to the nearest multiple of 10.
- round out:
- to complete or perfect: The new coin rounded out his collection.
- to fill out;
become rounder: She rounded out so nicely that everyone soon forgot she had been so ill.
- round to, [Naut.]to turn a sailing vessel in the direction from which the wind is blowing.
- round up:
- to drive or bring (cattle, sheep, etc.) together.
- to assemble;
gather: to round up all the suspects in an investigation.
Sideside1 (sīd),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., sid•ed, sid•ing.
- one of the surfaces forming the outside of or bounding a thing, or one of the lines bounding a geometric figure.
- either of the two broad surfaces of a thin, flat object, as a door, a piece of paper, etc.
- one of the lateral surfaces of an object, as opposed to the front, back, top, and bottom.
- either of the two lateral parts or areas of a thing: the right side and the left side.
- either lateral half of the body, esp. of the trunk, of a human or animal.
- the dressed, lengthwise half of an animal's body, as of beef or pork, used for food.
- an aspect or phase, esp. as contrasted with another aspect or phase: to consider all sides of a problem.
- region, direction, or position with reference to a central line, space, or point: the east side of a city.
- a slope, as of a hill.
- one of two or more contesting teams, groups, parties, etc.: Our side won the baseball game.
- the position, course, or part of a person or group opposing another: I am on your side in this issue.
- line of descent through either the father or the mother: grandparents on one's maternal side.
- the space immediately adjacent to something or someone indicated: Stand at my side.
- a side dish, as in a restaurant: I'll have a hamburger and a side of French fries.
- Usually, sides. [Theat.]
- pages of a script containing only the lines and cues of a specific role to be learned by a performer.
- the lines of the role.
- the hull portion that is normally out of the water, located between the stem and stern to port or starboard.
- [Billiards.]English (def. 8).
- a phonograph record.
- [Chiefly Brit. Slang.]
- affected manner;
assumed haughtiness: to put on side.
gall: He has a lot of side.
- on the side:
- separate from the main issue or point of interest.
- in addition to one's regular, or known work, interest, relationships, etc.: She tried selling cosmetics on the side. He dates another girl on the side.
- as a side dish: a hamburger with French fries on the side.
- on the (specified) side, rather more than less;
tending toward (the quality or condition specified): This cake is a little on the sweet side.
- side by side:
- next to one another;
- closely associated or related;
in proximity: A divided city in which democracy and communism must live side by side.
- take sides, to give one's support to one person or group in a dispute;
be partial to one side: We were careful not to take sides forfear of getting personally involved.
- the far side, the farther or opposite side: the far side of the moon.
- being at or on one side: the side aisles of a theater.
- coming from one side.
- directed toward one side: a side blow.
- subordinate or incidental: a side issue.
- side with or against, to favor or support or refuse to support one group, opinion, etc., against opposition;
take sides, as in a dispute: He always sides with the underdog.
Tableta•ble (tā′bəl),USA pronunciation n., v., -bled, -bling, adj.
- an article of furniture consisting of a flat, slablike top supported on one or more legs or other supports: a kitchen table; an operating table; a pool table.
- such a piece of furniture specifically used for serving food to those seated at it.
- the food placed on a table to be eaten: She sets a good table.
- a group of persons at a table, as for a meal, game, or business transaction.
- a gaming table.
- a flat or plane surface;
a level area.
- a tableland or plateau.
- a concise list or guide: a table of contents.
- an arrangement of words, numbers, or signs, or combinations of them, as in parallel columns, to exhibit a set of facts or relations in a definite, compact, and comprehensive form;
a synopsis or scheme.
- (cap.) the constellation Mensa.
- a flat and relatively thin piece of wood, stone, metal, or other hard substance, esp. one artificially shaped for a particular purpose.
- a course or band, esp. of masonry, having a distinctive form or position.
- a distinctively treated surface on a wall.
- a smooth, flat board or slab on which inscriptions may be put.
- the tablets on which certain collections of laws were anciently inscribed: the tables of the Decalogue.
- the laws themselves.
- the inner or outer hard layer or any of the flat bones of the skull.
- a sounding board.
- the upper horizontal surface of a faceted gem.
- a gem with such a surface.
- on the table, [Parl. Proc.]
- [Brit.]submitted for consideration.
- turn the tables, to cause a reversal of an existing situation, esp. with regard to gaining the upper hand over a competitor, rival, antagonist, etc.: Fortune turned the tables and we won. We turned the tables on them and undersold them by 50 percent.
- under the table:
- as a bribe;
secretly: She gave money under the table to get the apartment.
- wait (on) table, to work as a waiter or waitress: He worked his way through college by waiting table.Also, wait tables.
- to place (a card, money, etc.) on a table.
- to enter in or form into a table or list.
- [Parl. Proc.]
- [Chiefly U.S.]to lay aside (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for future discussion, usually with a view to postponing or shelving the matter indefinitely.
- to present (a proposal, resolution, etc.) for discussion.
- of, pertaining to, or for use on a table: a table lamp.
- suitable for serving at a table or for eating or drinking: table grapes.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Blockblock (blok),USA pronunciation n.
- a solid mass of wood, stone, etc., usually with one or more flat or approximately flat faces.
- a hollow masonry building unit of cement, terra cotta, etc.: a wall made of concrete blocks.
- one of a set of cube-shaped pieces of wood, plastic, or the like, used as a child's toy in building.
- a mold or piece on which something is shaped or kept in shape: a hat block.
- a piece of wood used in the art of making woodcuts or wood engravings.
- the base on which a plate is mounted to make it type-high.
- a projection left on a squared stone to provide a means of lifting it.
- a short length of plank serving as a bridging, as between joists.
- a stump or wooden structure on which a condemned person is beheaded: Mary Stuart went bravely to the block.
- See auction block.
- [Mach.]a part enclosing one or more freely rotating, grooved pulleys, about which ropes or chains pass to form a hoisting or hauling tackle.
- an obstacle, obstruction, or hindrance: His stubbornness is a block to all my efforts.
- the state or condition of being obstructed;
blockage: The traffic block lasted several hours.
- an obstruction, as of a nerve.
- See heart block.
- a hindering of an opponent's actions.
- a quantity, portion, or section taken as a unit or dealt with at one time: a large block of theater tickets.
- a small section of a city, town, etc., enclosed by neighboring and intersecting streets: She lives on my block.
- the length of one side of such a section: We walked two blocks over.
- [Chiefly Brit.]a large building divided into separate apartments, offices, shops, etc.
- a large number of bonds or shares of stock sold together as a single unit.
- a group of data stored as a unit on an external storage medium and handled as a unit by the computer for input or output: This file has 20 records per block.
- a section of storage locations in a computer allocated to a particular set of instructions or data.
- a group of consecutive machine words organized as a unit and guiding a particular computer operation, esp. with reference to input and output.
- (on a flow chart) a symbol representing an operation, device, or instruction in a computer program.
- any of the short lengths into which a track is divided for signaling purposes.
- [Philately.]a group of four or more unseparated stamps, not in a strip.
- a person's head.
- [Glassmaking.]a wooden or metal cup for blocking a gather.
- an obstruction or stoppage in mental processes or speech, esp. when related to stress, emotional conflict, etc.
- See writer's block.
- any large, angular mass of solid rock.
- See fault block.
- (in Canada) a wild or remote area of land that has not yet been surveyed: the Peace River block.
- See cylinder block.
- [Falconry.]a low perch to which a falcon is tethered outdoors.
- put or go on the block, to offer or be offered for sale at auction: to put family heirlooms on the block.
- to obstruct (someone or something) by placing obstacles in the way (sometimes fol. by up): to block one's exit; to block up a passage.
- to fit with blocks;
mount on a block.
- to shape or prepare on or with a block: to block a hat; to block a sweater.
- to join (the ends of boards or the like) by fastening to a block of wood.
- Also, block out. to plan or work out the movement of performers in a play, pageant, etc.: Tomorrow we'll block act one.
- to draw a floor plan on (a stage) in order to indicate placement of scenery, stage property, etc.
- to stop the passage of impulses in (a nerve).
- to group (contiguous data) together so as to allow to be read or written in a single operation.
- to hinder or bar the actions or movements of (an opposing player), esp. legitimately.
- to shape (a molten gather) in a wet cup of wood or metal.
- to plunge a block of wood into (molten glass) to aid in refining the glass.
- to give (a forging) a rough form before finishing.
- to apply a high negative bias to the grid of (a vacuum tube), for reducing the plate current to zero.
- to act so as to obstruct an opponent, as in football, hockey, and basketball: He doesn't get many baskets, but he sure can block.
- [Theat.]to block a play, act, scene, stage, etc.: The director will block tomorrow.
- to suffer a block.
- block out:
- block (def. 36a).
- [Basketball.]to box out.
- block in or out, to sketch or outline roughly or generally, without details: She blocked out a color scheme for the interiors.
Hi there, this picture is about Soho Round Side Table Various Colours The Block ( Black Outdoor Side Table #6). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 680 x 680. This blog post's file size is only 24 KB. Wether You want to save This image to Your PC, you have to Click here. You could also download more photos by clicking the following photo or see more at this post: Black Outdoor Side Table.
There are numerous coloring available which contain mildew ides, while Soho Round Side Table Various Colours The Block ( Black Outdoor Side Table #6) which are prone to mold and mold. However, frequently, color produced specifically for the restroom is adequate. Be sure the region to the ceiling or wall that's typically covered by the apparatus should be tightly-closed whilst not to remove. Than to include it, remember, it truly is safer to stop the reason behind the situation. Some openings the conduit, are far more prone to cause troubles intime. They need to immediately do caulking to prevent injury later. Baseboard is another area that has a tendency to crash coloring.
Delay several days for the new Soho Round Side Table Various Colours The Block ( Black Outdoor Side Table #6) to be licensed extensively, before utilizing the bath or bath. And also to reduce the risk of damage, always make sure to use the ventilator, and keep the door available if the toilet is not in-use.
Be sure peeling paint and the blobs neglect to remove precisely. For using paint mud all areas to supply an excellent base. Prior to the last cover, join must be reclaimed after priming.